We'll invest in education, hire teachers and EAs, and start a school nutrition program.
A Manitoba NDP Government will:
Invest in K-12 Education:
- Give K-12 schools stable, predictable funding to set kids up for success.
- Implement a universal school nutrition program to every school so every child can focus on learning.
- Work with school divisions to meet the needs of students in every community.
- Hire more teachers and EAs to help kids with additional needs.
- Reduce class sizes for the youngest learners so kids get more one-on-one attention.
- Work with educators, families and communities to strengthen the K-12 curriculum with a specific focus on math and reading
- Restore the Assistant Deputy Minister Position for French Education and support French language education by recruiting more French-language teachers and working with the francophone community.
- Create an Assistant Deputy Minister position for Indigenous Excellence and establish more Indigenous language programs in schools
- Increase STEM programming at high schools across the province in coordination with post-secondary institutions so Manitobans are ready for the jobs of tomorrow
- Bring in new P3 accountability legislation to protect schools and keep private business interests out of our classrooms.
- Listen to the local voices of rural communities and families and work with parents and educators to help rural students succeed
Support Post-Secondary Students:
- Repeal the Advanced Education Administration Amendment Act (Bill 33) and increase funding to Research Manitoba
- Provide more grants and student aid for post-secondary students
- Restore health coverage for international post-secondary students
- Reverse Pallister's cuts to French language education at the Universite de St Boniface.
- Increase the number of co-op placements and paid apprenticeships